Wednesday, November 7, 2007

All I Want For Christmas



Not often have I been this excited for a movie. But, this Christmas I am hoping that Santa will get me a ticket to see Todd Haynes' new film I'm Not There. (P.S. Santa, I also would appreciate a stocking stuffer ticket to see The Golden Compass, thanks).

I'm not a Dylan fanatic. I am a visionary fanatic. Dylan was a visionary, disregarding formulae and covention and using his art to inspire, provoke, and define an era. Simultaneously, the clips I have seen of Haynes' film also suggest an artistic vision well-developed and pulsing with juiciness. In the film a series of vignettes (I am not sure it is vignette style, but it is separate stories from non-synchronized moments in Dylans life) take us through moments in the life of Dylan, many of the moments are exaggerations, embellishments, fantasy, and some are indeed fact. Four different actors play Dylan throughout the movie, one being Cate Blanchette. Needless to say it promises to be some variation to the cinematic landscape.

Please watch the trailer.

No comments: